Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

So what are your New Years Resolutions and how do you plan to accomplish your goals?

Here are some of mine:

1. Continue loosing weight. I lost about 25lbs in 2008 (it would have been more, but I lost the same 5 lbs 5 times :) !) I would like to loose another 50lbs this year. About a pound a week. I KNOW I can do it! I am going to work REALLY hard at tracking what I eat on on exercising. Also staying away from some of the foods that I LOVE to over indulge in... like popcorn, carmel, gummies... which won't be hard since after Wednesday I WON'T be able to eat them because of my braces! That might help with the weight loss :)

2. Put a more focused effort on becoming the person I want to be. Ok so this a really a multi-faceted goal that involves several different things, including;
A. Living life with more grace. This includes thinking before I speak, being more positive in
the things I say, and leaving unsaid the things that are best left that way.
B. Be more positive. Focusing on the positive things in my life instead of dwelling on the bad.
C. Become closer to the Savior by rededicating my efforts to prayer and studying the scriptures.

3. Put more focus on my family by better using my time when they are at work & school. Getting my stuff done and doing things for me during that time and freeing up the time when they are home.

4. Be better organized (see above)

5. Work harder to be more aware of JD's needs


Well, there we are... my top 5, more or less.

Here's to the New Year!

No comments: