Saturday, August 29, 2009

You know, a lot of times when I get ready to come update my blog I think I have lots to say, but then I get here and don't know where to start...

The kids have made it through the first week of school, and they all seem to be content with teachers and classes. Amberlyn, now in 9th grade, is thrilled to be able to be going to Seminary. I am thrilled to have a teenager that wants to go to Seminary! She is such a good kid! So talented and beautiful! She has been practicing her audition piece for the school musical and show choir. I, of course, think she is a shoe-in :D They are doing Suessical and she wants the part of Gertrude McFuzz. Both her drama and choir teachers asked her to be sure that she was going to try out... I think that is a good sign ;) Cameron is in 5th grade and has decided that he wants to take band... DRUMS, of course. I am just happy that he wants anything to do with music at all! Emma is in 3rd grade and is our little social butterfly :) She loves school and is a very good student. She is very excited to be getting baptized in a few weeks! We have been dress shopping a couple times, but we haven't found the perfect one yet. I think I will take her this next week to look again. I want to take her to do pictures at Murray Park before all the flowers are gone. Maybe I'll get off early one day...

Speaking of getting off early... work has been crazy busy! The manager was out of town and being the asst, I had to hold down the fort for a couple weeks and we have been getting all of our new products from the craft show. Most of the time I really like my job, even being in charge from time to time isn't that bad, but this last time was nuts! One day my incoming shipment was 5 1/2 tall by 6 feet wide! Took almost 3 days to get everything processed and out on the floor. Friday was nice though, came home about 1:00.

Had bookclub here at my house this past week. I have really enjoyed being in it. This month we read "Water for Elephants". It was pretty good. I had fun decorating my family room with circus animals and thinking up treats that would go along with the book; cotton candy, peanuts, lemonade, caramel apples, corn dogs... JD even found me circus music to play in the background as the gals arrived.

I went and spent the day down in Sprigville with Rashelle today. It has been WAY to long since we have spent any amount of time together other than dropping the boys off at our 1/2 way drop off point. I miss her! I miss having her live close by. I really missing having my best friend live down the street. I miss being able to just call her up anytime to go run errands together. She works full time and so do I so that limits the the times that we can try to plan anything. I miss her :(

Well, I better finish up for tonight. Church in the morning and meeting in the afternoon... I think I am going to make roast in the crock pot for dinner.

More later

No comments: