I'll admit it.
I am a little bit of a Trekkie. I love Star Wars. I have seen all of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies multiple times. I followed Next Generation and Voyager. I used to dress up in my dads undershirts, have my mom put my hair in buns and pretend that I was Princess Leia. My family regularly quotes lines from all of them:
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope.
I Have a bad feeling about this.
Do or do not. There is no try.
I'm giving her all I got Captain.
Live long and Prosper.
So when Cameron told me his class was going to Space Camp for a field trip, I jumped at the chance to go! I had gone with Amber to a different program when she was in 6th and it was fun.
So the field trip was yesterday. We went to The Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center . It is inside an elementary school down in Pleasant Grove, so I didn't expect much at first, but it was AMAZING!
The kids got to go into an inflatable dome planetarium, a space lab class room, and then a 2 hour flight simulation. Each child was given a position on the ship, Captain, Security, Comm Officer, etc. and there was a story line and mission objective that they had to complete.
It was SO FUN! I was finding myself wanting to jump in and play along (but I was good and just sat in my chair and watched) and THEN I found out that they rent it out for birthday parties and private events! FOR ADULTS TOO! ;) Would it be wrong to do this for my hubby's birthday???
(oh and they do summer camps for kids 10-17. May sign Cam up for this)
photos from The Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center
No comments:
Post a Comment